Notions is dedicated to enhancing and empowering its community by teaching the skills of sewing and crafting.
We would love for you to be a part of our makers community and share in the gift of giving back.
Our goal is to teach anyone who wants to learn how to sew.
Part of our mission is to empower youth to be self-reliant and confident through learning new skills. The majority of your donations will be directed towards enhancing our children programs.
We offer a variety of ways you can help support your community of young sewers. You can sponsor a child by covering the cost of the class. Help pay for supplies and materials. Or, donate your own material/supplies. Thank you for encouraging creativity in our youth!
We are currently accepting donations of the following:
- 100% Cotton Fabrics- at least fat quarter( 18x21in) in size, colors and patterns that appeal to children or are neutral.
- Thread- all varieties of general sewing weight and all colors.
- Buttons, zippers, & basic notions
- Polyfill and batting
- Monetary donations
(Please note, our sewing studio has very little storage so it is important we receive donations that are appropriate for our classes and are in good condition. )
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Small fabric scraps less than 18x18 inch square, unless they are cut quilting squares or pieces.
- Elastic (stretchy) fabrics, heavyweight fabric, or polyester type fabrics
- We do not take any clothing items. We will make an announcement when we are looking for anything for a specific class.
Please call us at 707 601-9804 if you wish to make a donation.